1/4/2019 0 Comments
Intentions VS Goals
As the year 2018 came to an end, my coach and I (yes coaches have coaches too!) began discussing the coming new year and the wonderful blank slate that comes with it. At this point in time, anything is possible and life can be taken in any direction you desire!
We completed our last call of the 2018 by setting some seriously delicious intentions for the coming year. Now, intentions, are very different from goals. Many times we set lots of goals, and get lost in the logistical details which may cause overwhelm. Whereas intentions are ways you intend to live, things you intend to achieve throughout the year, and things you want to be held accountable for. The details of how you will live out your yearly intentions will change season to season, and sometimes even day to day. For example, there is a difference between saying “I intend to be very healthy and love my body this year”, as opposed to “I plan to workout everyday, sign up for yoga classes, and go vegan!” Notice how the first one is filled with a lot more pleasure and opportunity? While the second is full of overwhelm, and unrealistic expectations. With this example, living a healthy you may mean that one day you spend all day in bed resting and recharging your body and mind without feeling guilty for skipping that yoga class and eating a piece of bacon at breakfast. So don’t worry about the details just yet!
This year, I am allowing myself to be a bit vulnerable and share my intentions with my readers. This is my way of employing some serious public accountability and giving myself more drive to really live in these intentions. I mean, the world is watching!!!
My intentions for the year 2019 are:
1. I intend to be the best mother I can possibly be to my baby girl. To be present with her, to be understanding and compassionate and welcome her always.
2. I intend to be the best lover I can possibly be to my wonderful partner Jim, and show up for him in ways neither of us thought I could.
3. I intend to improve and solidify my relationship with my daughter's dad by keeping firm in my needs and requests and keeping him (and all men for that matter) accountable for their responsibilities.
4. I intend to attract financial abundance and grow to be very money smart.
5. I intend to begin searching for and living out my higher purpose.
6. I intend come as close as I possibly can toward a zero waste lifestyle and find ways to inspire others towards a greener world.
Thank you for reading and feel free to call me out if you see me not living in these intentions this coming year! If you had not yet done any work around your own intentions, January 6th is the first new moon of 2019, which is a wonderful time to paint the perfect picture of your desired life and set some deliberate energies in motion.
I would LOVE to hear from you and what juicy intentions and desires you have for this year. I have a strong feeling this year will be very powerful and full of growth!
Anna Alexandra Lerer.